CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Birthday Girl!

I went to finally do my Christmas post and realized I had never posed about Braylee's 5th birthday! I still can't believe she is 5 years old. Time really does fly when you are having fun. This year Brecca had a sleepover for her 7th birthday so Bray had to have one for birthday too. We let her choose 3 friends (plus Brecca) and had them over for pizza, a movie, and a sleepover! I was really prepared to make a middle of the night phone call to a parent and a middle of the night trip home but everyone survived the night perfectly! No problems at all. They brought the girls over about 5:30, we ate pizza, and headed to the movies a little before 7. We saw The Princess and The Frog on opening night so I was a little nervous about it being a little crowded. Lucky for us (and probably everyone else!), we were the only ones there. It was really nice that the kids could be a little wiggly in their seats and not bother anyone! At one point, they even stood up and were dancing a little bit in the aisle and it was prefectly fine. We were really proud of them. They did a great job for five year olds in a movie theatre! We headed home after the movie, let them play for a little while, and then got their beds all set up on the living room floor. They were all asleep by 10:30 and slept until the next morning. We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, let them play a little more, and then it was time for parents to pick them up! We considered it a huge success! :)

Later that same day, we had our families over for a family birthday party! She got her Nintendo DS that she had been wanting (plus a few games to go with it)! We didn't do dinner or anything but we did have cake and ice cream and enjoyed visiting with everyone. Although we get to see everyone frequently, it isn't very often we all get together in the same place so it is nice to see everyone at once. I think Miss Braylee had a fun day but I think for sure our beds were all calling our names pretty early that night! Happy Birthday Bray Bray! I still can't believe you are 5 years old!

Braylee with her Tinkerbell cake!

Honestly, who doesn't like to eat cake and ice cream on the kitchen floor next to the trash can?

0 comments: