CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

CRAP!

My purse and my camera were stolen out of my van Friday night! Can you believe that? It isn't really my purse that I am concerned about - more the CONTENTS of my purse that concerns me. My drivers license, checkbook, debit card, two credit cards, insurance cards, FULL Maurices Take Ten card, library cards..... The list goes on and on! Maybe it was Dave Ramseys way of punishing us for not cutting those credit cards up like we were supposed to!

We did call the police and file a police report and they said there were three other vehicles in our area that had been broken into that same night. He also asked me if my door was ajar (apparently they usually don't close them for fear it will wake someone up) when I came out in the morning and I hadn't thought about it up until that point, but it was! I was mad at Nate for not getting it shut and hoping that our battery wasn't dead! I owe him an apology cause it wasn't him!

I got up about 7am and got around. Brecca had a soccer game at 9 and Braylee at 10. Kam played at 11and then Kara and I took the kids to eat lunch. As I was getting out of the van, I relized I didn't have my purse and thought I left it at home. Kara paid for lunch (thanks Kara! I will pay you back!) and so I came home to look for it. Then I noticed my camera was missing also.

The really bad deal is that my camera was about a $1000 camera (at time of purchase - less now) and since the stuff wasn't actually a part of the vehicle, it will go under our Homeowners insurance instead of our car insurance. We have a $1000 deductable so we probably won't get any money back out of the deal. We are going to Disneyworld in two months!!! How can you go to Disney without a camera???? I know we can borrow one from someone (my sister already offered) but my camera was just so nice!!! :) I am really going to miss it!

2 comments:

Taverli said...

Linds~ I am so sorry to hear about your camera and your purse!!! I know this really doesn't matter--but I will get you another Maurices Full Take 10 card!! Hopefully, these people will get caught and they can get back all of your stuff. You might be checking ebay or Craig's List to make sure that your camera doesn't end up on there!! So sorry again!
-Tave

e larson said...

Oh yuck!! What a mess!! I am so sorry:(