Ok, so much for the more frequent, shorter posts! Once again, I have quite a bit to recap so here I go! :)
This should have gone before my Easter post but I figure better late than never, right? The Saturday night before Easter, my dad and Janis came over to color Easter eggs. This is no small occasion either! I think they brought over close to 50 eggs and we colored every single one of them! Unfortunately Miss Brecca was sick so she didn't get to enjoy the festivities but we said we would do it again soon. Who says it has to be Easter to color eggs???? I remember as a kid coloring Easter eggs with my dad down at the lake.. My grandpa enjoyed it just as much as us kids so it is nice to continue the tradition with my kids and their grandpa!





We went fishing one night a couple of weeks ago. Would you believe it if I told you Brax fell in Uncle Tim's pond??? Not once, but twice! He always wears a life jackets whenever we go fishing but Dave and Julia bought all the kids new life jackets for Easter so he broke in his new one! I dropped Nate and the kids off and went to Wal-Mart and then went to pick them up on my way home. As soon as I pulled up the girls came running up to the van! "Mom, Mom, Dad caught a big fish and Brax almost drownded (not drowned!)." This sure caught my attention! When I got around to him, he was wearing Nate's shirt and shivering but still fishing! Dave and Julia were there and offered to take him home and warm him up but he told them, "I'm fishing right now!"
My dad and Janis also got the kids a trampoline for Christmas that we just now put up. It has a nice net around it that keeps them from falling off so that is a big plus. I am quite sure that if it weren't for the net, we would already have several broken bones! (Actually, we would not have one if not for the net but you know what I mean...) Last weekend Brecca wanted to turn the hose on and put it underneath the trampoline and let it spray them. I told her that I didn't want to get the trampoline wet (just an excuse to not get out the hose). Of course, that same night it rained. The next morning she informed me, "Mom, I listened to you about not getting the trampoline wet but God didn't!"
Brax's birthday was Sunday! I can't believe he is 3 years old! I will do a separate post for that shortly. Only I wouldn't recommend holding your breath! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment