CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

4 months old

Wow! Time really flies when your having fun. It has been a crazy summer but we have loved every minute of it. I really cannot believe Brynna is 4 months old already. I meant to do a milestones post for each month but the time has really slipped by me so here we are at 4 months doing are first milestone post! What is Brynna up to these days:

- We go to the doctor next week so I am not sure about weight and length. She is wearing mostly 3-6 month clothes and 6 month sleepers. She is also in size 2 diapers.

- Still takes primarily breastmilk although we do supplement with formula occasionally. She takes 4-6 ounces at a time about every 3 hours.

- Sleeps all night every night and has since just a couple of weeks old. Occasionally she would wake up about 4 or 5 am but usually slept until at least 6:30am. Made the transition from bassinet to crib at 2 months. She is still in our room though and will be for quite some time! We put her to bed drowsy but still awake and she goes off to sleep on her own. I do miss rocking her to sleep but we snuggle a lot before I put her down! :)

- Loves her binky and also sucks on her fist. She has found her thumb a couple of times. I am worried we are going to have a thumb sucker on our hands!

- She uses her left hand to reach for things. We have a feeling she may be a lefty but we'll see. Just started grabbing big sister's hair!

-Hasn't rolled over yet but is very close. I have to say that our house probably isn't the safest place to be laying on the floor so her time there is limited. She hasn't had much practice! She spends most of her time in someone's arms or in her little bouncy seat. With three older siblings running around, plus a 70 lb dog, we prefer to keep her up off the ground!

- She is a very happy baby! Smiles all the time and will let anyone hold her. She is content to be on the go a lot and doesn't mind her carseat anymore. She spent lots of evenings at ball games, swim meets, and out at Grandma and Papa's pool.

- Loves her baths. We did put her in the pool one evening and she seemed to enjoy that too. Haven't tried it again but plan to.

- Coos and tries to talk all of the time. She thinks anyone in the same vacinity who is talking is talking to her and will smile and coo back at them. She is a really social baby (so far!).

- She likes sitting up (on laps and in her Bumbo) and is hardly ever still. She is constantly moving her arms and legs and trying to stand up. She is an active baby, that's for sure!

That's is all I can think of for now! She has been a real blessing and we are so thankful that we are her (and the other three's) parents! I will try to keep the updates coming!!!

0 comments: