I am actually posting! I am not really sure why I even have this blog anymore since I never have a free minute to update. BUT since we happen to be in what could be the biggest snowstorm in history, I have a few minutes free! I think we have about a foot of snow on the ground and school has been cancelled for today and tomorrow. The temperatures are VERY cold so we are huddled up in our cozy house eating soup and chili and watching movies. I love snow days!!!
Lots has happened since my last post. Things have been going really well for all of us. Brecca is in 2nd grade and loves her teacher. There is a little girl drama going on already (Can you believe it starts so early?) but she is handling it well. I am very proud of her an how she isn't really letting it get to her. She is pretty easy-going and so far things just seem to bounce off. Let's hope it stays that way. She played basketball this year again and did really well. I hope that is something she decides to stick with. She really is pretty good at it and seems to be really interested in. She also does dance and swimming so she stays pretty busy.
Braylee started Kingergarten this year and in typical Braylee style, seems to be pretty unimpressed by the whole thing! :) She actually does enjoy school and is always ready to go in the mornings (unlike her sister!). She has made some new friends and is very excited about it. She loves getting invited places - especially when Brecca and Brax have to stay home. She was always so disappointed when Brecca would get invited places and she couldn't go so she is very happy that now it is her turn. She also played basketball and loves swimming. Suprisingly, she has a little more desire for competition than Brecca does so we will see what that brings in her future. Everybody who knows Braylee will attest to the fact that she is not your typical 6 year old - in a good way. We wouldn't change anything about her for the world!
Brax is in preschool this year and loves it. I think he feels pretty important now that he gets to go to school like the girls. We are still debating Kindergarten next year. He will be old enough but we are weighing the pros and cons of sending him vs. preschool another year. We will see what happens. Right now, I have absolutely no idea! He started wrestling this year and really enjoys it. He went to three tournaments and is yet to win his first match, but he did get 4th out of 4 wrestlers and got a medal! He was very excited about it. It didn't matter to him that he got pinned 3 times in a row - he got a medal and that's really what it's all about. :) He is really a good boy for the most part so we lucked out there. We are very proud of him!
Brynna is 11 months old now. I know I have said this before but time really flies! She is walking all over the place and has been for a little over a month now. She eats anything you put in front of her but still only weighs 19 lbs. She is happy pretty much all of the time and sleeps all night, every night. Really, we couldn't have asked for a better baby. She is on the go and has been pretty much all her life. She spent the summer going to swim meets and ball games, fall going to football games, swimming, basketball, dance and we are just now starting soccer. She loves going "bye bye" and sleeps pretty much anywhere so we lucked out there. She waves, gives high fives and kisses, and walks around the house saying, "eh" all of the time. No official words yet although Brecca just told me she says, "dada." I said that she didn't and she told me I was just jealous (she doesn't!). I have to say that 4 really isn't much different than 3. Going from 2 to 3 was our biggest struggle but it could just be because Brynna is so easy. She has been pretty healthy for the most part, other than having RSV over Christmas. Nanny comes to the house and keeps her and Brax for me so that is a major blessing. I think that is a lot of the reason that she has been so healthy.
I got a job this year teaching Kindergarten here in town. I alsolutely love it. It was hard leaving Brynna at first but I knew she was in good hands. It is so nice to be able to take the girls to school with me and then just take them home with me after school. The students are great and I couldn't have asked for a better group of ladies to work with. I honestly enjoy going to work every single day! Nate is still at Ash Grove. He just went back to work after being laid off for 6 weeks. He enjoyed being home and now that I have an income, I think it was a little difficult for him to go back! :) He is busy working and being a dad. We are hoping to spend more time at the lake this summer and he hopes to fish a little more this year.
I feel like I just wrote a newsletter for my Christmas card but hopefully that catches me up. I feel bad that I haven't been documenting our lives like I should be so I am going to try harder! Even one post a week is better than none, right??? We'll see how that goes...
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Can you believe it?
Posted by The Peter Family at 6:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment