I am still working on my next Disney post (which is actually Sea World - not Disney) but I needed to post about Brax and his potty training - or I guess I should say lack of potty training! We never had any issues with the girls and I know it isn't fair to compare kids but come on! This kid child has ABSOLUTELY no interest in using the potty! He will use it occasionally and sometimes out of the blue he will say he has to go and run in and use it with no problem but it is the other 98% of the time that is causing us some issues. Remember, this is the kid that turned 3 YRS OLD two months ago. I did mention it to his doctor who says some boys aren't pottytrained until they are 4 yrs old and that is completely normal. We haven't pushed up to this point. We figured he would start when he was ready but will that time ever come??? It seems like we have tried everything short of outright bribing him to use the potty.
- Praise
- Threats
- Big boy underwear
- Pull ups
- Cheerios to "shoot" at
- Going outside
- Taking him with us so he can witness it first hand
We were seriously at a loss so yesterday I bought some M&M's at Wal-Mart and we are going to reward him for using the potty by giving him M&M's each time he goes. I didn't want to reward him for something that he should do on his own ( I know a lot of people do... I just didn't want to!) but desperate times call for desperate measures! I can just picture him going to Kindergarten and me sending M&M's for his teacher to reward him with each time he uses the bathroom with the rest of the class.
I explained all of this to him at Wal-Mart as I was picking up the M&M's. He had to go right away! So, the three kids and I left our cart unattended while we went into the Family Restroom at Wal-Mart and Brax proceeded to do his business. M&M's right off the bat! Score! He earned some more right before bed last night. This morning he got up and the first thing I said to him was, " Brax, let's go use the potty! " He says, " I already did." Hmmm... When was this????? "At the store, " he said. Yesterday! Apparently it still hasn't clicked for him!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Another Post that is not about Disney
Posted by The Peter Family at 11:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment