The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays! Actually, I love all holidays but 4th of July is full of traditions for our family. I grew up going to the lake every year on the 4th. Our weekends were full of fireworks, pontoon rides, visits with family, time on the beach, and always some watermelon at Grandma and Grandpa's!
Humboldt always has their fireworks on the 3rd so it usually works out anyway for us to go to the Humboldt activities and then also make it to the lake. Nate's work schedule wasn't too accomodating this year and we didn't make it to the lake but we still had a great weekend with family. We spent the evening of the 3rd in Humboldt with Nanny and Poppy. Dave and Julia brought Kam and Larsen up and Patsy and Hilly were there as usual. We always eat cake and homeade ice cream at the Lutheran church before heading over to the golf course and waiting on the fireworks. 


Larsen had to get every last drop!

Two buddies - Kam and Brax


I played golf on Saturday while Nate worked! Poor Nate! Matt, Kara, Dave, and I all played in a scramble out at Quarry Stone. It was a fun day although I am pretty sure I played the worst golf of my life. The kids were at Nanny and Poppy's so I came home, took a nap (yah!!!!), and then Nate and I headed to my moms at about 5:00. Nanny and Poppy brought the kids down and we ate about 6:00. We shot of some fireworks in the front yard. Braylee was the only one brave enough to light them herself. Well, technically, for some reason we didn't trust brax with a punk so he didn't have the option! :) about 8:00 headed out to Dave and Julia's to hang out and do some parachutes. We think we found some outfielders for our future softbal team. Brecca and Braylee both were about to track them and catch them out of the air! We were VERY impressed! At one point my mom discovered Brax was missing. The pool gates were locked so we weren't worried about that but we just couldn't figure out where he could have gone. Dave went to check in the house and found Brax sitting on top of the bar, eating an entire cake with a spatula straight out of the pan! I said, "Brax, what are you doing???" "Eating cake," he says. Duh Mom! He had eaten probably 1/4 the 9x13 cake in one sitting! :)



Brecca loved shooting smoke bombs!
We were worn out so we headed home about 11:00. The kids all three went home with Grandma Ann so I even got to sleep in a little this morning. A nap and sleeping in - all in the same 24 hours! I think that is a first!

0 comments:
Post a Comment