CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Catch Up

Wow, I have some serious catching up to do! A lot has been going on this summer plus I still need to finish up our Disney trip! The Disney trip is more for my info than anything but the blog is a great way to document everything we did. I better get busy soon cause things are starting to slip from my memory!


It seems like we have been so busy this summer. I had some major plans and they just haven't happened. We have only made it to the library one time this summer - can you believe it! We were going to do story time and arts and crafts and it just didn't happen! We have had a lot of fun though. The kids have done some serious swimming, lightning bug catching, toad chasing, fishing, swinging, t-ball playing, golfing, puppy caring.... The list could go on and on!

Speaking of puppies, they are partly to blame for my lack of blog posts. Our black Labradoodle, whom we gave to my in-laws last summer, had puppies the first part of June. She had 9 total. After a couple of days we noticed one didn't seem to be growing like the rest of them. It turned out she had a cleft palate and the vet recommended euthanizing her right away. That just didn't seem fair to me to not even give her a chance at life, so guess who brought her home and bottle fed her for 6 weeks??? Actually my mother-in-law kept her for the first two weeks so she could still be with her mom and then at about 2.5 weeks, we brought her home. She is now 10 weeks old and doing really well. We call her Tiny - although she is up to 5.6lbs now (compared to her littermates who are about 20lbs, she is Tiny!).

Here is a picture of her playing with her sister. Pretty big size difference!!

I offered to help my in-laws out with selling the puppies since I had just gone through the same process last summer. I started a puppy blog which took all of my energy and free time away from this blog! By the time I took puppy pictures, uploaded them, posted them on the blog, wrote about them, plus placed ads and answered phone calls and replied to e-mails, all of my free time was gone!!!

The kids loved having the puppies and it was so nice for me this summer to get to play with them and help out when I wanted to but to not be the full time caregiver! Believe me, puppies are a lot of work! They are all gone now except for two - one should be going to his new home shortly and the other one is still looking for his new home. If you know anybody who may be interested, send them our direction!
What kind of mom takes pictures while her daughter is being attacked???

0 comments: