Braylee had to go to the doctor today. It was her 4 year old well-child visit. We are a little late, I know, but December is pretty hectic and I really didn't have any concerns that needed to be addressed immediately. The doctor thought she looked great. She was only in the 30th percentile of weight and the 50th of height but has been in that area all along so no concerns there. She does still wet the bed fairly frequently (she'll love me for writing that someday!) but that is also normal at this age. He checked her hemoglobin since she has been a little anemic since her first birthday but no results yet on that. The finger stick really hurt though! Plus she had 5 shots on top of that! Poor thing!!!
Since it was just Braylee and I today, we went to lunch when we left the doctor. She wanted a pancake and bacon (healthy lunch, huh?) and I figured after what she had just been through, I would just go with it. I had an omelet. Delicious! Then, we went to Wal-Mart and bought Valentines for the parties at daycare and school. We bought a loaf of bread for $1 and went to the park to feed the ducks. We met a family there who had a baby goat! They said he was a twin and his brother didn't survive and his mom rejected him. He was 11 days old and so tiny. Really cute though. We also saw some people there flying kites and they shared with us. It may have been Bray's first successful attempt at flying a kite so that was neat for her! We stopped for Happy Hour at Sonic before we headed home. Other than the six little pokes at the doctor's office, we had a really good day together! Unfortunately, I forgot the camera so no pictures. Braylee kept saying, "Take my picture!" It isn't very often we get time together just the two of us so we make the most of it when we can!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Doctor, Ducks, Goats, and Kites
Posted by The Peter Family at 3:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
What a good day you and Bray had!! Feeding the ducks and flying the kites!! Wow--you had a busy mom/daughter day too from the sound of it :) Have a good week!
Tave
Post a Comment