CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Financial Peace

Nate and I are taking the Dave Ramsey class through our church (with a strong recommendation from my brother and his wife - thanks guys!) and are really enjoying it. We have a ways to go - ok, years - but at least (maybe) we are on our way! I have been meaning to share this for awhile (at least I am pretty sure I haven't yet) and kept forgetting so here goes.

They have a class for kids too. Kindergarten through 5th grade, I think. Since Brecca is in Kdg, this year, she gets to go while the two others stay in the nursery. They are trying to raise money to buy a tree to plant and the kids are supposed to be earning money toward it. Brecca came home with a note that said to brainstorm with your child ways for them to earn money. Brecca's response: "Why can't we just go to the bank and they'll give us money. They always give you and dad money." OK, maybe we ALL needed this class more that we thought!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Linds---I love Dave Ramsey!! I wish there were classes in Emporia. Jason's sister Melissa and her husband Andy actually did it a few years ago and had really good luck with it all :) Andy actually teaches the class at church where Erin and lance go :) Small world huh?? Anyways---Goodluck...you guys will enjoy it!