CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Good on the ego!

Last night I was lying on the couch as Brecca was getting out of the bathroom. I told her to come lay with me. She said she couldn't because she was all wet. The rest of the conversation went like this:

Me: It's ok. You can still lay with me. I have been wet before, ya know?

Brecca: Yeah, you have went swimming once or twice.

Me: I used to go swimming all of the time. But then I had you and Braylee and Brax and now I just don't like to get in a bathing suit! (I know - probably not the best thing to tell a 6 yr old!)

Brecca: Why?

Me: Because then everyone can see how fat I am!

Brecca: But Mommy, everyone already knows how fat you are!


Brax went home with Nanny last night and since I am not subbing today, I kept Braylee home with me. The two of us are going to go to the Elementary School and eat lunch with Brecca today. Brecca tells me this morning to make sure that I shower and put on nice clothes before I come to her school! Thanks Brec!

A couple of funny things happened on the short trip taking Brecca to school today as well! Brecca was reading a Fancy Nancy book aloud and read the word fantastic! I said, "Wow Brecca. You sounded out fantastic! Great job!" She says (spelling out the letters), " Yeah, F*A*N*C*Y - fantastic!"

Also, Brecca decided to wear her hair curly this morning so we put some gel in it and scrunched it all up. As we were pulling into the school parking lot to drop Brecca off, Braylee says, "Mom, wait! You forgot to brush Brecca's hair this morning!"

3 comments:

Tj and Chelse said...

Sounds like an eventful morning!

J said...

I am amazed at what happens at your house before 8 am!!! I am still laughing at Brecca's response to swimming...ahhh...one day she will understand :)

Tave

e larson said...

Oh, I just can't quit laughing...they are too funny!!