CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

This morning about 30 minutes after Nate took Braylee and Brax to the babysitters, I get a phone call from her.

Missy: UM, Lindsey, Sorry to bother you but did you see Brax's eyes this morning?

Me: (I hated to admit that I was yet to get out of bed when Nate left with them this morning but I had to!) No, he left before I got up this morning.

Missy: Well, I am pretty sure Brax has Pink Eye. Another kid had it a couple of weeks ago and I think he may have gotten it from her.

Me: OK, I'll be right there.

So, off I go to pick him up. Poor Brax! His eyes were red and watery and he looked miserable! How could my husband not have noticed this????? (OK, in his defense he is color blind and honestly can't see stuff like that. I recall a time in the sun for 8 hours asking him over and over again, "Am I getting red?" He kept telling me that I was fine. That was the worst sunburn I have ever had!) I took him to the dr. and not only does he have pink eye (which turns out isn't really a specific medical term) but also an ear infection AND a sinus infection. He acts completely fine though. Nothing seems to slow that kid down!

So, Nate and I are continuing with our plans for the weekend. We are going out to dinner with family tonight to celebrate Chelse's birthday. Happy Birthday Chelse!!!! Then tomorrow morning, we are heading to the big city to do some shopping and go out to eat for Valentines Day. We are taking the girls with us and they want to eat at Red Lobster. I'm not sure what the appeal is since they both get macaroni and cheese and I am sure it is no better than the mac and cheese anywhere else! I think the lobster tank may have something to do with it. If they only knew what those lobsters were there for! Talk about devastation!! :)

0 comments: