CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Vitamins and Paint!


I think I recall alluding to the fact that my children were behaving rather nicely in my last post. We were having a pretty good day! Notice the word WERE.


It went downhill shortly after. Who knew that our 6 year old could open the childproof lid on our chewable vitamins (with iron!). And who knew said 6 year old would give the open container of vitamins to her two year old brother for him to munch away on like candy. Luckily I wasn't far and noticed this shortly after it took place. I counted the vitamins and there were only 13 missing. We have had this new thing of vitamins for a week maybe so he couldn't have eaten too many. I would say maybe two or three max but went with 5 just to be safe. I remembered hearing somewhere that vitamins with iron were extremely toxic so I looked up the number to Poison Control. I have to admit this is not the first time I have called Poison Control. I remember something about Brecca and a jar of Bag Balm (used on cows - also good on diaper rash) but I won't go into that now. :) Luckily Brax would have had to have eaten 35 vitamins for him to have any problems and since there were only 13 missing total, we were in the clear! They did suggest that if none of our kids are anemic, then there is no reason to buy the vitamins with iron. Braylee is anemic but takes a nasty liquid supplement that there is no way anyone would ever OD on so lesson learned. Next time, no iron!


I know the picture would be more effective underneath the post but I am still having issues with that. I think, for the most part, it speaks for itself. A few words will probably sum it up. Brax upstairs, paint can under the bathroom sink - well, you know the rest! :)

1 comments:

Tj and Chelse said...

I thought you said most of it came out?! MOST of it did not come out!